Thursday, August 11, 2005

08/11/05 - Some nasty hill work...

Todays Ride:
Climbing is definitely one of my weaknesses. We simply don't have a lot of good climbs around here, so my training rides tend to be pretty flat with just a few short climbs here and there. After the Racoon Rally race, where the looooooonnngggg climbs really kicked my ass, I decided to try and get some more hill work in during my training. Today I set out on my heavy fully rigid Diamond Back Apex for a ride that consisted of 6 good climbs.... none are really that long, but each is pretty steep, and in fact 5 of them are tough granny gear efforts. This is about as good as it gets around here I'm afraid, but working these 6 climbs into my training about once a week will definitely help. I know of a few other long road climbs, so I will try and incorporate them too. Overall the ride was just shy of 2 hours and about 30 miles in total. How do I know how far I went? I finally mounted my Cat Eye Enduro 2 computer (see pic above)... which had been sitting on my workbench for about a year!

Other Workouts/Training:
None today. Tommorrow is a rest day as far as biking goes, but I will be doing my upper body bicep and tricep workout.

In Other News:
Check out these pics from the 2005 Great Divide Mountain Bike Race!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home