Friday, July 08, 2005

07/08/05 - Back in the saddle again...

Todays Ride:
Finally! I was back on the bike today for a relatively easy 2 hour out and back ride. I added in a nice long hillclimb toward the midpoint just to make things interesting. My knee isn't back to 100% yet and started bothering me a little about 45 minutes into the ride. I'm going to do another ride tommorrow morning and switch over to some new shoes/cleats to see if that helps at all. I've got a pair of Sidi Dominators in the closet and now sounds like a good time to break them out. The Diadora mountain shoes I currently use are great, but I did notice that the cleat placement on the right shoe is a bit funky, so maybe the Sidi's will work better. If the knee issues don't go away soon, I might give this a try WobbleNaught On-Line Fit to see if I'm not fitting the bike quite right. This is strange though because I've never had any knee issues in the past. Getting old sux.

Other workouts/Training
I'm pretty sore from the last two days of upper body lifting. I guess thats what I get for taking 2 weeks off! Next upper body lifting will be early next week... Monday will be Chest/Shoulders and Tuesday will be Biceps/Triceps/Abs.

In Other News:
I'll hopefully be heading to New York early Sunday morning to checkout the 6 Hours of Power race. I had hoped to take part, but with knee issues I'm gonna bail. I do want to see how these 6 hour races work though... I've never participated in one of these and I'm interested to see how the racers handle replenishing food, water, etc. for the whole 6 hours.

Oh, and I bought a couple of those Clif Builder bars today. Best tasting bar I've tried so far. Pretty good specs too... 20g protein, 30g carbs, 8g fat. Try 'em!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home