Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th... and time for a long ride...

I think I finally recovered from the Raccoon Rally XC race so I decided it was time for a long 3-4 hour ride. What better day to do it than July 4th when everybody is sleeping in and there's no rush hour traffic to deal with. I headed out around 6:45am and all was going well for the first hour or so. My right knee eventually started to bother me so I eased up a little for the rest of the day. Not sure what I did to me knee , but its been bothering me ever since the Raccoon Rally... must have been those long climbs or something. About 2 hours into the ride I headed up this long steep climb that connects the two trails I was riding, and I noticed my rear tire was losing air at a pretty rapid pace. I made a quick tube change and continued on. I finally arrived back at the house after about 4 hours, so taking the tube change into account, it was about a 3:45 ride. I felt pretty good overall and loaded up on Endurox, a Clif Bar, and some other goodies before settling in to watch Lance on OLN. I crashed early to the sounds of fireworks going off in the neighborhood. Just another day in the life of a racer wanna-be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home