Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Withdrawl?

I think I'm experiencing the polar opposite of overtraining... it's called withdrawl! I've been off the bike for a few days now, and I'm looking forward to a ride. I just need to hold out a few more days and let the knee rest up a little more, then I'm good to go. The goal is to do a ride on Friday and see how things feel. Stay tuned...

I did get back to my upper body lifting routine today working my chest and shoulders pretty good. For the next 8 weeks I'm trying something a little different... I've backed off on the weight a little so I can focus on very slow movements. Today I just did a good warmup, then the following...
  • Incline Bench Press (3 sets, 4-6 reps each... very slow movements)
  • Flat Bench Press (3 sets, 4-6 reps each... very slow movements)
  • Military press (4 sets, 4-6 reps each... very slow movements)
I spent a few hours watching the Tour on OLN this afternoon... good to see Lance still in yellow. The finish of these last few stages has just been crazy... those sprinters are nuts. It really surprises me that we haven't seen more pileups the way these guys go at it. I see what Lance means when he says these early days of the Tour scare him to death... he's much more at home in the mountains where he can pull away from the crazies.

Here's a cool site with some good training articles... http://www.ultrafit.com/librarypub.asp?p=library&s=Other

Oh, and here's a sweet pic I ran across the other day... Lance closing in on Jan... http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/images/05tdfSt1/$file/10.jpg

And one last pic... here's what I want my "shop" in the basement to eventualy look like... ya ya I know, dream on, right? http://www.parktool.com/images/misc/workshop.jpg

Gonna try to get to bed early tonight so I can do my bicep/tricep/ab workout early in the a.m. I also need to get the bike ready for Fridays ride. Out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home